| Home | Storage Calculator | Tips on Storage | Rates
Tips on Storage
- Make an inventory of stored items and keep in a safe place. Label boxes when storing .
- Plan ahead. Place items that you need frequent access to in the front of the unit. Allow for walkways.
- Place pads or pallets on floor of unit to keep items dry and to guard against dampness.
- Rent the smallest amount of space required and use a high quality lock on your door.
- When storing upholstered furniture, never place sharp or heavy objects on top.
- When storing mattresses prop them so that they stand straight to save space.
- Store small items, pictures, and silverware in furniture drawers to save space.
- Cover stuffed furniture with sheets or covers to protect them from dust.
- All fragile items should be bubble wrapped and packed in sturdy boxes.
- When storing washing machines, remove all hoses and place inside tub. Tape all electrical cords to the back of the machine. Store other items inside tub.
- Mirrors and large pictures should be protected with cardboard. Please mark FRAGILE and stack on end.
- CAUTION…Never store COMBUSTIBLE items (i.e.: gasoline, solvents, paint thinner etc.)
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes. Maintain a safe height.
- For easy stacking, use boxes that are the same size and can hold approx 25lbs.
- For freezers or refrigerators, leave door ajar and stack items inside to save space.
- Furniture with removable legs can be “broken down” to save space.
- Store sofas and love seats on end to save floor space. Cushions can be placed on top.
- Soft items such as blankets, duvets, sleeping bags etc can be wrapped and stored at the top of the unit.
- Always ensure unit is locked and secure after storing items.
Copyright © 2005-2015 Self Storage 6 All rights Reserved.
591 Safari Road R.R.#1 Millgrove, Ontario LOR 1VO